Welcome to the Town of Laguna Vista Public Library
LAGUNA VISTA PUBLIC LIBRARY
The LAGUNA VISTA PUBLIC LIBRARY is a Department of the Village of Laguna Vista (Ordinance Number 03-70 as amended by Ordinance Number 06-93).
BOARD OF TRUSTEES: The Board of Trustees shall be seven members appointed by the Board of Alderman of the Village of Laguna Vista.
OFFICERS OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES: The Board of Trustees shall select form its member’s three officers as follows:
PRESIDENT: The President shall reside at all meetings, appoint special Committees, authorize the call for any special meetings of the Board.
SECRETARY: The Secretary shall keep the minutes of all meetings of the Board, prepare correspondence necessary for Board business, and post notice of meetings.
TREASURER: The Treasurer shall keep the financial records of the Board, prepare checks for payment of liabilities of the Board, and make such fiscal information as the Board of Aldermen may require from time to time available. The Treasurer will secure the signatures of other members of the Board as necessary to conduct the fiscal business of the Board.
DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES:
1. Administer and supervise the operation of the LAGUNA VISTA PUBLIC LIBRARY and any branches that may hereafter be established by the Board of Alderman.
2. Holds such funds that are allocated to the LAGUNA VISTA PUBLIC LIBRARY in separate account(s) as it may be deemed necessary by the Board of Trustees.
3. Select and recommend to the Board of Alderman any salaried employee(s).
4. Prepare reports and records as shall be deemed necessary from time to time to secure funds for the operation of the LAGUNA VISTA PUBLIC LIBRARY.
5. Receive such donations that may be forthcoming in the name of the LAGUNA
6. Conduct quarterly meetings of the Board of Trustees.
7. Attend an orientation to the Library.
8. Recommend to the Board of Alderman a slate of proposed members of the Board of Trustees.
QUORUM: A quorum for the transaction of the business shall consist of a majority of the members of the Board of Trustees.
LIBRARIAN: The Librarian shall be expected to attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees. The Librarian shall be responsible for the day to day operation of the Library, the care of the building, the maintenance and equipment. The Librarian shall oversee and direct the Library volunteers. The Librarian shall make recommendations to the Board of Trustees concerning the Library’s services to the Public.
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The order of business at the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees shall be as follows:
Call to Order
Roll call of Members
Reading and Approval of Minutes of previous meeting
Reading and Approval of the Treasurer’s Report
Report of the Librarian
The President and Librarian in conjunction shall prepare the Agenda of Business for each Board meeting and present a copy to each Board Member at the beginning of each meeting.
AMENDMENT OF BY-LAWS: These By-Laws may be amended at any regular meeting of the Board of Trustees when a quorum is present by majority vote, provided that the amendment is stated in the call for meeting and has circulated to the members of the Board at least three (3) days prior to the meeting.